How We’re Different
The Green House Cottages of Wentworth standout from Traditional Nursing Homes in Magnolia, Arkansas.
- Every resident is respectfully addressed as an elder.
- Each elder’s quality of life comes first and includes the right to privacy, dignity, autonomy, and emotional wellbeing.
- Families with loved ones at Wentworth are consistently satisfied with how their aging loved ones live and the care they receive.
- Elders in the Green House Cottage model experience lower depression rates compared to institutional settings.
- Elders in Green House Cottages have more autonomy.
- The Green House model strives to connect and interact with the local Community.
- Every elder’s likes, dislikes, wants, and desires are heard.
- Elders at Wentworth have free access to the outdoors.
- Elders choose when to wake up and when, and what to eat.
- Elders are free to choose made-to-order meals.
- Elders can choose to eat in a family-style setting or alone.
- Elders have the freedom to participate in kitchen activities, including cooking if they desire.
Feels like Home
- There are no medical signposts, alarms, buzzers, med carts, loudspeakers, or restraints at Wentworth.
- Each Green House cottage features the same modern technology found at home.
- Holidays and special events feel like they do at home. Christmas is Christmas. Your birthday is your birthday.
- Families are encouraged and welcome to visit often and stay longer.
- Kids and grandkids are always welcome and encouraged at Wentworth.
- Elders do not have set schedules. The cottage environment allows for a rhythmic, comfortable, natural living flow just as one would live at home.
- Every elder has free access to the kitchen, laundry, and common areas.
Experienced and Trained Staff
- Each staff member undergoes a minimum of 120 hours of extra training in elder care.
- Wentworth staff members are more satisfied with their jobs compared to traditional nursing homes and more likely to stay longer in their roles.
Better Outcomes for Therapy and Rehabilitation
- The Green House Cottages of Wentworth offer specialized care in areas such as orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, and sepsis.
- Our therapy ratio is 1:1.
- The Green House Cottages model of care has shown readmission rates of less than 1%, compared to traditional institutional settings of 18% and higher.
- The average length of stay for short-term rehab in a Green House Cottage is around 19 days compared to 28 days in traditional settings.
- Green House Cottages have lower infection rates compared to traditional homes because of the low number of residents.