Wentworth Activities & Recreation
Engaging Programs and Activities
Recreation and Leisure at Wentworth
Wentworth offers a wide range of different activities and socializing opportunities to create a warm atmosphere where your elder can enjoy good company and stimulating activities.
- Card Games – Bridge, Hearts, and Rummy are just some of the popular card games that keep elders at Wentworth engaged. Card games are good because they combine a mixture of skill and strategy mixed with friendly socialization.
- Domino Tournaments – Some elders still love the excitement of competition and choose to organize tournaments for Dominos and other games.
- Bingo Night – You can’t beat a good bingo game and our elders agree.
- Manicures – Feel beautiful, clean, and enjoy an excellent setting for socializing.
- Library – An onsite library in each cottage is available for elders who enjoy reading. It includes a large selection of audiobooks for elders who prefer listening or are unable to read comfortably.
Wentworth elders have the opportunity to watch public groups that visit and perform live. Elders with musical talent of their own are free to perform for family, friends, and other elders.
Holidays and Birthdays
Celebrating holidays and birthdays brings a sense of time and familiarity to our elders. Wentworth brings every holiday to life with themed decorations creating a nostalgic atmosphere that our elders appreciate. Young children may stop by for trick or treating on Halloween, and carolers will often visit us during the Christmas season.
Wentworth organizes several field trips throughout the year to encourage elders to get out, get active, and enjoy new experiences. Field trips are always supervised and weather dependent. Excursions may include going out to eat at favorite restaurants, shopping, or exploring local parks.
Church and worship services are available for all religions and denominations. Cottages may host their own services if they wish. Wentworth strives to foster great community relationships and help all elders continue to grow in their spirituality.